• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dutch and Dutch 8C vs Amphion Krypton 3

mrlawng9

Hi Everyone!

This is a fantastic forum! I've PM'ed with a few of you but this is my first post.

These speakers are somewhat similar in that they both have cardioid midrange and employ similar tweeter waveguide principles. They are different in that one is passive, one is active, and how their woofers and crossovers are implemented.

I'm curious how we would summarize the differences in bass capabilities between these two? Obviously, the 8C has the advantage in the crossover realm as they are implemented in the digital domain. Would the 8C also offer advantages with its sealed and boundary coupled bass capability or would the Krypton 3 be able to compete with its side but ported woofer design? What about floor bounce and other possible differences?

Thanks in advance!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Lee at ‘Strictly Stereo’ posts here occasionally he has both speakers I believe.
Couldn’t find any measurements for the Amphions, there is this:-
Sadly just subjective.
http://www.highfidelity.pl/@main-330&lang=en
Keith

Top Bottom