• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dune 2021

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Meh.

The BBC mini series is better.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
OP
NiagaraPete

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
OP
NiagaraPete

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe I don't know how to use imdb anymore but a search for 'Dune 2021' shows no release date... yet.
NOTE: Its release is a "hybrid" release.

deprogrammed

Maybe I don't know how to use imdb anymore but a search for 'Dune 2021' shows no release date... yet.
NOTE: Its release is a "hybrid" release.
Theaters Thursday. HBO Max Friday. Daughter and I are super excited to see it.

killdozzer

Major Contributor
Again and again I find I'm lonely or among very few who really likes the Lynch version.

Now, if there are some cineasts among you, you might find this piece of cinematographic history fascinating. Lynch's version really started before he took over. He wasn't even in the picture. It was a project that a much, much liked, almost cultish director Alejandro Jodorowsky wanted to make and he picked non other than HR Giger to do the props. The project stopped only after a lot of artifacts were made and some money already went into it. It needed to be finished as they believed they will save some money that was invested.

This is why I simply loved the design and although I see many people hate this version it left a deep impact on visuals of later adaptations. (In fact, people who really love Lynch, hate this movie and people who don't care for Lynch often like this Dune)

Personally, I was even satisfied with how Sting played his role (otherwise I'm not a big fan). The Baron (Kenneth McMillan), Duke Leto (Mr. Prochnow), Linda Hunt, Leonardo Cimino Paul L. Smith...

Must have seen it for a thousand times. There's a documentary on this version.

killdozzer

Major Contributor
1634734871336.png

deprogrammed

It's been out for more than a month already here in the Netherlands and many other European countries.

It's well worth the watch!
Sorry USA here.
I didn't know there was such a large gap based on geography. I thought this stuff all came out around the same time.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Again and again I find I'm lonely or among very few who really likes the Lynch version.
Nah, you're not the only one. I quite like the Lynch version as well, although it seems a bit awkward and dated nowadays, it also had at times some special feel that fits really wel with the story.

Longshan

Saw it yesterday and thought it was great. At some points I enjoyed the music, which is unusual for me when it comes to Hans Zmmer schlock.

killdozzer

Major Contributor
Nah, you're not the only one. I quite like the Lynch version as well, although it seems a bit awkward and dated nowadays, it also had at times some special feel that fits really wel with the story.
I agree about the atmosphere. I don't mind dated movies, I'm not that much into effects, but I think the design is superb.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Saw it yesterday and thought it was great. At some points I enjoyed the music, which is unusual for me when it comes to Hans Zmmer schlock.
I apologize in advance if the question is off-topic.
Did you have any [ummm...] consternation about [ummm...] having to wear masks?
I have not come to terms with a 2-hour soirée with peeps that I don't know in a cooped-up place.

Top Bottom