• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dual Sub Frequency Response (Rythmik L12)

Jdunk54nl

Addicted to Fun and Learning
So run Audyssey first, then change the distance.

OP
C

CoolHandDuke

So run Audyssey first, then change the distance.
Thanks. Been playing around with a million different locations but keep getting nulls. I'll keep trying but at this point I'm just doing trial and error. Frustrating.

Filmgeek47

Some suggestions, as I just went through a similar scenario myself. disconnect one of the subs, and take individual sub measurements at all of your possible locations. REW has an option in the controls window that lets you do an A+B summation between two measurements. This is quite accurate, and will let you preview which combination of locations might work best together. Don’t forget to try multiple facing directions at your best locations, as it can make a bit of difference. Keep in mind, with dual subs, a flat frequency response pre-audyssey matters less than avoiding nulls. If you have a huge boost in one spot, audyssey can fix that, just not the nulls, as you’ve discovered.

egellings

Major Contributor
I positioned my sub by putting it right where my listening chair is, and then walking around the room, listening to music with LF content in it at positions where I could site the sub. When I found a spot where I liked the bass sound, that's where the woofer went. Sounded just like that at the chair. I used a transmitter in order to avoid long wires.

Schiele

Based on the frequencies of the response notch, 60 to 80 Hz, I would estimate that your subs are about 10 ft apart. Try cutting that distance to 5 ft. This should push the response notch up an octave to above the crossover frequency. Remember every inter-woofer distance will have 2 anomalies in power response associated with it. Based on their wavelengths, there will be a frequency where a peak is produced and one where a null is produced.

Top Bottom