• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dual Merus MA12070 Amplifier Sabaj A20 fully balanced : pictures inside )

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Newly rigged the kinki Studio ex-m1 and gustard p26+ Nord One SE NC500DM MKII Dual Mono Stereo.

Quick impression is that they gonna have trouble whit the sabaj combo.

I will use the sabaj a20d with all combinations.

Cool, you will tell us your subjective impressions about this kit versus the Sabaj.

TjindarSingh

Had a couple of hours now with the amps/pre amps with my wife. Both prefers the Sabaj. This is just first impressions.
We have palyed CD , stream and listen to concert via youtube.

About 2 weeks i will test it at a friends house aiginst

Cambridge audio Evo 150

Topping pre 90 + Audio analogue Donizetti . The Donizetti is a real beast and cost very much deutsche mark.

Toku

Major Contributor
A20a 2022 was officially posted on Sabaj's HP. At the same time, A20a and A8 have been discontinued.

TjindarSingh

A20a 2022 was officially posted on Sabaj's HP. At the same time, A20a and A8 have been discontinued.
Wonder why they use the same name
Not preamp only dac and power amps , maybe no need for preamp in their stack.

Toku

Major Contributor
The A10a 2022 and A20a 2022 are the successors to the A10a and A20a, respectively.
Already the A20a has disappeared from HP and the market. It seems that A10a is still in stock.
I think that the AD10d and A20d will be abolished in the DAC as well, and the successor models will be the A10d 2022 and A20d 2022.
However, AD10d and A20d will be sold together for a while.

peterwen

Audio Company

delta76

Major Contributor
Discount only available in France now. Sent from a French warehouse, arrived within two days.
the 2022 version, which looks significantly better (to me at least), is not more expensive and can be purchased from anywhere https://hifi-express.com/products/sabaj-a20a-2022-v-power-amplifier?variant=42891321639156 . still higher than their summer sales
however it seems like no matter how you choose, they will still ship from China. Ordered mind from EU and it was indeed sent from China. Not too unexpected for buying from Chinese sellers though - they are usually like that

ModDIY

the 2022 version, which looks significantly better (to me at least), is not more expensive and can be purchased from anywhere https://hifi-express.com/products/sabaj-a20a-2022-v-power-amplifier?variant=42891321639156 . still higher than their summer sales
however it seems like no matter how you choose, they will still ship from China. Ordered mind from EU and it was indeed sent from China. Not too unexpected for buying from Chinese sellers though - they are usually like that

On the first version I own, there are 2 inputs (RCA and XLR), a remote control with built-in preamp and tone control. DC 15v voltage output. Display with volume et tone control.

I understand that Sabaj wants to standardize their devices and that the new 2022 is interesting to use as an amplifier only...but in this perspective Sabaj should not have added a Bluetooth ((which does not seem compatible with APTX- HD and LDAC) and especially to have positioned the switch behind.

Eggs Ackley

I own the first version and use it daily without any issues.. For me it is great amp, it has the features that I need and none that I don't and it sounds wonderful. The new version doesn't tempt me in any way. It is a completely different product. I don't understand why Sabaj chose to call it A20a.

ModDIY

I own the first version and use it daily without any issues.. For me it is great amp, it has the features that I need and none that I don't and it sounds wonderful. The new version doesn't tempt me in any way. It is a completely different product. I don't understand why Sabaj chose to call it A20a.
It's a mistake, as if they wanted to erase a previous model. On the marketing side they still have a long way to go.. lol

Mine works great and I don't regret my purchase.

Toku

Major Contributor
The Sabaj A20a was a good product in terms of sound quality, but due to structural problems, the product was discontinued early. At the same time, the Sabaj A8 also became difficult to continue manufacturing due to design and amplifier module supply issues. The A20a 2022 is believed to have been launched on the market as a successor to them. However, I don't know about the confusing naming.

Top Bottom