• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dual KEF kc62 vs. single larger sub?

Which would you recommend?

• Total voters

MarkS

Major Contributor
The KF92 can output 95@20Hz anechoic which is nice
And other than pipe organ, is there any live acoustic musical instrument that outputs 95db @ 20 Hz?

No, not even close.

So since I'm interested in the accurate reproduction of music originally produced by unamplified acoustic instruments, I simply don't need any more sub capability than that.

OP
F
Great discussion - I really appreciate the feedback and am learning quite a bit. I have browsed @sweetchaos ’s excellent subwoofer comparison tool a lot as well since starting the thread. I did actually try a Lyngdorf BW-3 sub, but it had a flaw in the power supply and necessitated an expensive return process through the dealer I used, which soured me on trying a new Lyngdorf sub. Really leaning towards the single sub at this point and then considering the upgrade to dual down the road.

Dbassist

This talk is mostly from subwoofer fanatics that seem to think that majority of people have huge listening rooms and are perfectly happy dropping a couple of butt-ugly black boxes size of a fridge in their living rooms.

In reality, these "lifestyle" (not butt-ugly) subwoofer tick all the boxes for majority of people in Europe at least.
So much this - a lot of people (not just in audio) think that their use case is THE use case.

Top Bottom