• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DT 900 Pro X vs TYGR 300r

DT 900 Pro x VS TYGR 300r

• TYGR 300r

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Laurus

Right so I've narrowed my choice down to these two. I guess the big deciding factor between these would be the price, the 900's being £209 and the TYGR's being £119, are the 900's worth the price difference?

Are they even better than the TYGR's to begin with? Looking for some sort of consensus so I'll put it to a poll, cheers lads.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Opinions are just that.

These are undeniably audible different. DT900X Pro vs TYGR300R

dt900x-vs-tygr.png

TYGR has more 'warmth' and sharper treble. A 5dB midbass boost is very audible, so is a 5dB peak in the 'sibilance' area (6kHz)
The TYGR 300 is actually closer to the DT990/Amiron Home/DT880 Black Special Edition
The DT900 is closer to a DT1990 with Analytical pads but without the huge treble peak.

DT900 is a more neutral headphone fine for tracking/monitoring and perhaps even mixing.
The TYGR is better suited for music enjoyment (warm sound with 'detailed' treble).

Last edited:
OP
L

Laurus

Opinions are just that.

These are undeniably audible different. DT900X Pro vs TYGR300R

dt900x-vs-tygr.png

TYGR has more 'warmth' and sharper treble. A 5dB midbass boost is very audible, so is a 5dB peak in the 'sibilance' area (6kHz)
The TYGR 300 is actually closer to the DT990/Amiron Home/DT880 Black Special Edition
The DT900 is closer to a DT1990 with Analytical pads but without the huge treble peak.

DT900 is a more neutral headphone fine for tracking/monitoring and perhaps even mixing.
The TYGR is better suited for music enjoyment (warm sound with 'detailed' treble).
Hm yeah, although I'll only be using these casually, your headphones have quite frankly ruined me and I'm now very aware of how convenient a detachable cable can be. I guess I'll have to order both and return one :p

Top Bottom