• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dspeaker Anti-Mode 2.0

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
But yeah, it shouldn't be very complicated or expensive to load small dsp units onto hifi gear these days.

That might depend upon whose patents you infringe...

Rodney Gold

The behringer is a pain in the ass to use , it does not do a blend of FIR and IIR filtering..its really just a parametric eq. I used one for a while...
The Dspeaker is a great tool in that its dead simple to use and does what it says on the box ..automated and quick bass correction..

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I can’t belive how easy it’s been, I was dreading all the custom options but playing with the parametric EQ has been a revelation.

Iv got the sound I want, easy. All that bollocks messing with different kit when you can just adjust what you need in a far more effective way with parametric EQ .

Why’s this not in everything?

I first set this up and I was unimpressed but you have total control so with a bit of easy adjustment all can be well.

My speakers have ‘ come alive’ in a way I thought was not possible.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Some 15 years ago, I got a TacT room correction DAC+pre-amp. It instantly sold me on its benefits. I took it to work, showed it to my signal processing guys and said we have to put this in Windows. Our member J_J led that development and it came to fruition in Windows Vista. As you, I consider the technology a must. It should become standard in every music player and pre-amp/DAC. It doesn't cost much these days to implement it.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

None of my gear has "correction" built in.

Except the DEQ2496 and the OpenDRC-DI, through which all blessings flow.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Kal, Curious as to what you think about the Dspeaker's final results in comparison to what the Audyssey MultEQ XT32 in your Marantz 8802 is capable of?
I know the Dspeaker offers quite a few more options, just wondering how far about they may be in not adding undesirable distortions or subtractions etc.
TIA
It is hard to say a this point in time as I have not used the DSPeaker 2.0 for a while. Since I am almost totally MCH, the DSPeaker could not supplant the Audyssey in the Marantz. Now, I use the Dirac software and can avoid adding extra boxes and connections. The DSPeaker is on loan to a colleague who uses it exclusively for his sub.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The behringer is a pain in the ass to use , it does not do a blend of FIR and IIR filtering..its really just a parametric eq. I used one for a while...
The Dspeaker is a great tool in that its dead simple to use and does what it says on the box ..automated and quick bass correction..
Amen.

After setting up one of the 2496 units up for two other people I hope to never use one again. Terrible UI.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
It is hard to say a this point in time as I have not used the DSPeaker 2.0 for a while. Since I am almost totally MCH, the DSPeaker could not supplant the Audyssey in the Marantz. Now, I use the Dirac software and can avoid adding extra boxes and connections. The DSPeaker is on load to a colleague who uses it exclusively for his sub.
Thanks for the response, Did you find the Dirac software vastly superior to Audyssey X32?

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Thanks for the response, Did you find the Dirac software vastly superior to Audyssey X32?
I would not say vastly. I would say substantially.

Top Bottom