• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dspeaker Anti-Mode 2.0

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I think very highly of it, where applicable.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have one but am not using it. In my system it took the USB output from the (iMac) computer and fed optical digital to my (Devialet) amp. It outputs in 24/48, whatever input it gets.
I keep meaning to try it on just the subwoofer.
Since I mainly play CDs or the occasional LP only having correction on the streaming input is strange.
It works fine.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Rodney Gold

I think dirac does a better job sonically , but its a completely different system and room layout/treatment from what I had when I wrote those dspeaker antimode comments ... dirac is also cheaper
Eagerly awaiting the Trinnov....

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Iv taken some room measurements :eek: ..., iv intercepted my sacred signal and put some cheapish box in that messes with the purity :eek::eek::eek:

I need a lie down...
We are all praying for your recovery. At least you can feel good that you are not a virgin anymore when it comes to signal processing....

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
The default sound it gives you after the auto correct is heavily rolled off and all together poor but being able to hack into the frequency range ment that I could get back all that was good before while keeping the ‘fixed’ element in the lower frequency.

It’s nice not having a annoying ‘bloom’ in the low end, it’s not a revolution but nor is having cheap rca cables and a SMPS stuck in my system a disaster.

I’m mystified as to why more kit does not have this type of technology inside, I’d love to put it inside my source (TAD D1000).

Il see if I can get a graph off it, might have to resort to taking a picture of the small display on the box.

Oh it also has a pass filter so I can cut off the bass at 20hz ( or anywhere by the look of it) it was sudden deep lows high up on the dynamic range that was killing my bass drivers..

Wombat

Master Contributor
Does this do anything the Behringer DEQ2496 cannot?

oivavoi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m mystified as to why more kit does not have this type of technology inside, I’d love to put it inside my source (TAD D1000).

Agreed. It might not be very wise to get Keith even more ramped-up about his products... but it seems to me that the Dutch&Dutch 8C might be one of the few units which really does everything at the same time. Apparently, one can load room correction algorithms directly onto the built-in DSP (but they haven't detailed how this functions). Or, since they will be roon ready, one can load the correction onto the Roon DSP. This means that one can get by with the speakers and nothing more! (unless one uses archaic technology like a compact disc player)

An alternative is the minidsp 2x4 HD, which can do room corretion and also function as a dac and pre-amp with volume control. Looking forward to Amir's review when he manages to overcome the unsurmountable obstacles he encountered in setting it up.

But yeah, it shouldn't be very complicated or expensive to load small dsp units onto hifi gear these days.

Last edited:
OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I’d add this worked as advertised straight out the box and the menu system is idiot proof.. it’s not holly transparent but on some tracks I can hear more thanks to the smoothed response, unfortunately there’s some low level detail missing too.

I will live with it for a few weeks then take it out and see if am relived to get ‘my music’ back or if the whole saga of missing detail was all in my mind.

Top Bottom