• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core Room EQ Review

Schlippwhip68

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I've been using one of these for years, and had seen a review on another forum that showed it measures badly. Interesting to see that finally confirmed here.

It's still a very flexible and easy to use product. I'm happy enough with how mine sounds and the useful features it offers, but I guess if I was buying today a miniDSP SHD would be a better option.
could I use a minidsp just for a 2.1 set up with two passive speakers and an active sub?

anibal66

Forum Donor
Thanks for the review! It adds to the results of an unflattering "test bench" post in DIY-audio forum, which was also negative regarding the full digital path.

The Antimode still seems the simplest solution for those that have little time and knowledge, and not into computer audio, like myself.

I bought the DSPeaker in order to tame a difficult room. Work is still ongoing, with limited success, so I will probably post a S.O.S in this forum, when I find the time

In the meantime, my main grudge is that the 2.0 has only one spdif input, and I have not yet found any test of spdif switches that give me enough trust to use them.

UPDATE (late, sorry): Since more than one year after I started using the full digital path I am totally satisfied with the Antimode.
I found a spdif switch (beni_skate in Tindie) recommended in a post here in ASR, so the single spdif input is also not an issue.

Top Bottom