• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DSP for my Topping Stack?

jevchance

Hi everyone,

I recently moved from a vintage Marantz receiver to a Topping PA5/E50 stack. I know, right? I'm driving some Eosone RSF1000 speakers and the sound is extremely clean.

That being said, the speakers are not exactly flat, and my room leaves a lot to be desired. Plus I prefer a little bit of bass and treble boost. To that end, I'd like to add a DSP but I'm not sure what I could use that's compatible with the E50 and PA5. My source is a HEOS Link HS2 streamer. I'm currently feeding the E50 via optical.

Edit: my big concern is the balanced connection between the DAC and the amp. I don't want to disturb this clean chain.

Would appreciate any feedback on the topic. Thanks.

Last edited:

envydd

Forum Donor
you can try the Minidsp flex digital when it’s out. Or just go for the minidsp balanced which also accepts an optical in and drive the pa5. I just got the same flex for my chromecast audio streaming.

Snoopy

Major Contributor
you can try the Minidsp flex digital when it’s out. Or just go for the minidsp balanced which also accepts an optical in and drive the pa5. I just got the same flex for my chromecast audio streaming.

Or just use roon

MCH

Major Contributor
OP
J

jevchance

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Looks like the minidsp is a winner. Need to save up some pennies!

FuzzTone

Hi everyone,

I recently moved from a vintage Marantz receiver to a Topping PA5/E50 stack. I know, right? I'm driving some Eosone RSF1000 speakers and the sound is extremely clean.

That being said, the speakers are not exactly flat, and my room leaves a lot to be desired. Plus I prefer a little bit of bass and treble boost. To that end, I'd like to add a DSP but I'm not sure what I could use that's compatible with the E50 and PA5. My source is a HEOS Link HS2 streamer. I'm currently feeding the E50 via optical.

Edit: my big concern is the balanced connection between the DAC and the amp. I don't want to disturb this clean chain.

Would appreciate any feedback on the topic. Thanks.

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
What sources are you using? It's not like the E50 has a ton of inputs. If you use a PC, you can EQ for free.

OP
J

jevchance

What sources are you using? It's not like the E50 has a ton of inputs. If you use a PC, you can EQ for free.
My source is a HEOS Link HS2. Currently its outputting optical to the E50, the E50 is balanced to the PA5.

Top Bottom