• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DSP, EQ, Qobuz & Streaming

• Thread starter Deleted member 23424
  • Start date
OP
D

Deleted member 23424

You won't have that issue with Moode. It lets you put the wifi SID and password in the web config. :cool::D:cool:
Verify your router shows the RPi4 on it's network map and make sure Mac filtering is turned off. Having the RPi4 connected via ethernet when setting up the wifi configuration is the easiest way to get started.
Tbh I think I'm not understanding something about what LMS actually is or what I need to do to set it up. I'm sure the software is perfect, unlike my brain. Regardless, once I get something working I'll definitely throw a few other systems onto a few other cards and play around. Moode being very much one of them.

bluefuzz

Major Contributor
I use LMS to access Qobuz without any charges or clunky workarounds like BubbleUPnP. The Material Skin is, IMO, significantly superior to Volumio and Moode’s UI. PiCorePlayer supports both LMS and Squeezelite on a Pi 4, or even on the new Pi Zero 2 W.
But PiCorePlayer doesn't have any DSP built in does it?

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
No idea. It's been a year or so since I've played with Volumio but it had BruteFIR as an option at that time.
Thanks for the advice. I have found that now. I have been able to access the console in the Zen Stream so I assume that you can add plugins (it was one of the advertised features). I might try it, although I don't need it at the moment.

OP
D

Deleted member 23424

UPDATE In case anyone's interested. Or incredibly bored. Or both.

HOLY SHIT! If I'd set this up a week earlier I don't think I'd have even considered blowing a big lump of my hard earned on a (yet to arrive) March Audio Purifi amp and instead be giving serious thought to settling for my trusty Harmon Kardon PM650, permanently. This sounds absolutely stunning.

That's not to say a RPi somehow 'sounds' anything. But I am saying my Surface Pro 4 sounds like a bag of shit. It's one of the ones with the dodgy flickering screen, I'd never really considered just how much noise that might be adding.

In all my years of hifi hobbying; adding this little Pi has created the biggest incremental jump up in quality I've ever heard.

Anyone want to buy a Surface Pro?

Can't wait to slide the Purifi amp into the chain in a week or two.

Anyway, went for the MOODE with Bubble option in the end. Super easy install. Bit of fiddling and I managed to get Hi-Res files onto the Topping. Lovely.

One last question: I can access the moode screen via the browser on my Surface Pro but not on my phone. I'm guessing here but could that be due to the Pi being connected to 5hz WiFi and the phone on 2.4hz (or whatever the correct frequencies are)? If so how do I remedy that?

luft262

Why not just skip the streamer and plug your phone into the DAC using USB? Then you can run Wavelet for EQ. Or plug your laptop into the DAC.

Top Bottom