• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DSP DAC AMP Board

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Think I mentioned this previously pre release, now available for $189. Create multiway dsp XO speaker systems.

https://www.hifiberry.com/shop/beocreate/beocreate-4-channel-amplifier/

https://www.hifiberry.com/beocreate/

amp4.jpg

D

Deleted member 65

Very interesting, might use it for my upcoming 2-way speaker build. Not sure what's needed for a stereosetup.
Are there Left & Right 2-way speaker outputs? Install in one speaker & cables to drivers into second speaker?

OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Very interesting, might use it for my upcoming 2-way speaker build. Not sure what's needed for a stereosetup.
Are there Left & Right 2-way speaker outputs? Install in one speaker & cables to drivers into second speaker?
Yep, thats it :)

D

Deleted member 65

Yep, thats it :)

Did some more research on this and to build a stereo pair you need two boards, 1/speaker, and an optical connection between them.
Decided to scrap this solution.

"For creating a CX100 pair, there are a couple of ways to approach it. Both of them come with tradeoffs, so I’ll detail both and you can decide which one you like best.

First is to upcycle both CX100s as usual, placing the boards inside the cabinets of the loudspeakers. For the pairing, the optical inputs and outputs of the boards would be used, which means that in addition to the connector that supplies power to the board (this replaces the original DIN connector in our guides), you will need to make another opening to the back panel for the optical cable. "
https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/22319/236235.aspx

OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
I read that post but it doesnt make any sense to me. Why would you need 8 channels to make a 2 way stereo pair? If so that would be really dumb.

There must be some confusion. reading that thread a subsequent post talks about the amp being set to stereo, left, right or mono mode.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65

Okey, read a bit further in the thread, seems stereo may work with two way two-driver speakers & not with the three driver two/three way CX100.

"In the setup tool you can choose which channels the loudspeaker plays. With CX50 you have stereo (for connecting two to the same amplifier), L, R or mono options. CX100 gives you L, R or mono options. I think CX100 defaults to mono, but as said, this can be easily changed."

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I recently bought one of these, as well as a Raspberry Pi 4. My idea is to make "baby's first stereo" with the Beocreate amp biamping a pair of speakers.

Has anyone found a good case for these? I don't want to put it inside a speaker. Too much thermal drama, and connectivity issues to boot.

Top Bottom