• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

DSP DAC AMP Board

LarsS

Patreon Donor
Very interesting, might use it for my upcoming 2-way speaker build. Not sure what's needed for a stereosetup.
Are there Left & Right 2-way speaker outputs? Install in one speaker & cables to drivers into second speaker?

BE718

Major Contributor
forum experimenter
Patreon Donor
Very interesting, might use it for my upcoming 2-way speaker build. Not sure what's needed for a stereosetup.
Are there Left & Right 2-way speaker outputs? Install in one speaker & cables to drivers into second speaker?
Yep, thats it :)

LarsS

Patreon Donor
Did some more research on this and to build a stereo pair you need two boards, 1/speaker, and an optical connection between them.
Decided to scrap this solution.

"For creating a CX100 pair, there are a couple of ways to approach it. Both of them come with tradeoffs, so I’ll detail both and you can decide which one you like best.

First is to upcycle both CX100s as usual, placing the boards inside the cabinets of the loudspeakers. For the pairing, the optical inputs and outputs of the boards would be used, which means that in addition to the connector that supplies power to the board (this replaces the original DIN connector in our guides), you will need to make another opening to the back panel for the optical cable. "
https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/22319/236235.aspx

BE718

Major Contributor
forum experimenter
Patreon Donor
I read that post but it doesnt make any sense to me. Why would you need 8 channels to make a 2 way stereo pair? If so that would be really dumb.

There must be some confusion. reading that thread a subsequent post talks about the amp being set to stereo, left, right or mono mode.

Last edited:

LarsS

Patreon Donor
Okey, read a bit further in the thread, seems stereo may work with two way two-driver speakers & not with the three driver two/three way CX100.

"In the setup tool you can choose which channels the loudspeaker plays. With CX50 you have stereo (for connecting two to the same amplifier), L, R or mono options. CX100 gives you L, R or mono options. I think CX100 defaults to mono, but as said, this can be easily changed."

Top Bottom