• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DSP-Based Phono Preamp/ADC with Digital Out?

John B

Yes I derived them all. You need to check on the convention for a and b being numerator or denominator.

a coefficients 1. -1.866632 .86705829
b coefficients 1. -.85352776 -.11046426

gain at 1kHz 18.625dB
Scott! I just bought your article on this subject. It is a great read. I had a question. For the above 96K coefficients, what is the appropriate input format into Audacity's Nyquist Prompt?

My transfers are coming in line level without curve applied so was looking for something that didn't alter overall amplitude too much.

Thank you!

Last edited:

John B

Scott! I just bought your article on this subject. It is a great read. I had a question. For the above 96K coefficients, what is the appropriate input format into Audacity's Nyquist Prompt?

My transfers are coming in line level without curve applied so was looking for something that didn't alter overall amplitude too much.

Thank you!
No worries. I was being an idiot and typing "signal" instead of putting S. Awesome article super useful. Thanks!

Top Bottom