• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Drop X Focal Elex Review (video)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Thanks for another great video review. :)

Yes, please do a video explaining the chosen SPL (94, 104, 114 dB) that you use for THD measurements.
That's the #1 complaint I see online where people seem to *lose their mind* and get very vocal about it. :facepalm:
1618208099755.png

dorirod

Thanks for another great video review. :)

Yes, please do a video explaining the chosen SPL (94, 104, 114 dB) that you use for THD measurements.
That's the #1 complaint I see online where people seem to *lose their mind* and get very vocal about it. :facepalm:

+1

Also, a quick tutorial on easiest/cheapest way to measure SPL on one's own setup for a common/given track would be quite useful. For example, someone is listening to this (link) track at X SPL. How do I try and setup my own gear to listen to that same track at X SPL so I can compare how loud we're actually talking about. I'm not even sure if this is easy or difficult to do. I'm thinking it might be something along the lines, play this other track (could be a sine sweep or pink noise), measure the leads with multi meter for voltage, get tech specs for your headphones, head on over to this SPL calculator site, etc.Adjust volume until you get necessary voltage, then go and play the original track.

Last edited:

JujitsuYasai

1年ほど前にYouTubeでoluv's gadgets の動画を見て、興味を持ちました。迷いに迷って、最後に、ASRのレビューが"ADD TO CART" (そして "CHECK OUT") のボタンを押してくれました。Dropは日本には出荷していませんが、なんとか手に入れることができました。音も良く満足しています。ありがとうございました。
I saw a video of oluv's gadgets on YouTube about a year ago and became interested. After much hesitation, finally, ASR's review made me push "ADD TO CART" (and "CHECK OUT"). Drop don't ship to Japan, but I managed to get one. I am satisfied with the sound. Thank you very much.

IMG_8212.jpg

Top Bottom