Don't worry about cables, they don't make any difference & don't have any magical properties, just get some that look & feel how you like at the price you're willing to pay, no point paying lots of money for cables.For the benefit of future folk stumbling upon this thread, these are the sensibly priced* (incl. P&P to UK) cables that I have found (which includes Hart Audio):
- https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/988465796 or modular https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1099095776 - Bespoke, offering a nice choice of colours!
- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233924526513 or https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1041151399 (unbraided) and https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233924526513 - Bespoke, offering a nice choice of colours and a choice of 4 or 8 core
- https://oidiosound.co.uk/dan-clark-audio/mongrel-aeon-ether - Bespoke with a nice choice of colours, again
- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193844453541 - bespoke, but only black
- https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/911513848/ - black only
- https://www.thomann.de/gb/dan_clark_audio_dummer_cable_aeon_xlr.htm - DCA Dummer
- https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1074462441 - bespoke, nice colours, slightly pricier
- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143233247462 - slightly pricier
- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393135864768 or https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/945216998/ - Bespoke, a few colours offered
As is the way, I now have more questions...
1 - The second from top (Mavis Mods) offers a choice of 4 core vs 8 core cable. Any comments on that? I'll only have a length around 4.5ft.
2 - Is it worth paying for silver plated copper over litz? Oidio, 3rd from top, charge more for it
* I retract my initial gripe reg. pricing of these headphone cables vs XLR interconnects, as the cables for the Aeon are bespoke.