• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dream On!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Treating, ideally building a room would be my priority.
Keith

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Oh, another cry-baby thread ... right here. :p:D

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Treating, ideally building a room would be my priority.
Keith

Amen. Going through that right now. Ended up purchasing Revel F208s instead of F228be and putting part of the difference into room treatments to get my midrange reverberation times down from 700ms.

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Sacrifices, it's all about sacrifices. ...Lots of them, lots of sweat, experiments, investments, bank withdrawals, ...all that jazz.
Work hard play hard.

ta240

Major Contributor
With that kind of money, can't you just buy a personal band that will live in your house and play whatever you want?

There was a skit comedy show in Seattle back in the 80s that did one where two guys were battling it out to have the best audio system in their car. It went back and forth with each pulling up next to the other to show off their new equipment when finally one said he got rid of all of that stuff. As the other guy gloated that he'd won the first one leaned out his window and said "how about something from the stones" to the band that was on the trailer he was pulling.

North_Sky

Major Contributor
You're right Kal; hiring a good music band for couple hours is no small peanuts.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
@southall-1998 Please don't start threads just to mock other forums, youtubers, etc.

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@southall-1998 Please don't start threads just to mock other forums, youtubers, etc.
Fair enough. But when I see stupidness, I will point my finger!

S.
Whilst I accept that mocking other forums may not be the kindest thing to do, there are plenty of times when the temptation is overwhelming. There is just so much stupid out there!

S.

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Oh, I didn't catch that line of thought; too subjective.

I was more thinking objectively...expenses to hire a good live band.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nothing wrong with speculating on lottery winning dream systems. Mine has changed considerably since finding this forum but still includes six figure speakers.

And as someone already mentioned building a dedicated and treated listening room is at the top of the list.

What this forum has taught me is that I can get a dream worthy system without spending lottery jackpot money.

Martin

Top Bottom