• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Douchebags and Schiit: How do they get away with it?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there such a thing as reverse libel?
"So here we have SCHIIT, a name that sounds exactly like shit, for a company that makes high-quality audio equipment."

*Only joking , Schiit-heads x

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Who is paying for these people to make and publish such useless drivel?

us, the customers of any brand referred therein.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Some people need a new hobby and get their head out of the sand. :D

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not sure where all the angst is coming from - I thought the blog post was interesting and I don't think they have an issue with the company name. They did seem to have issues with the inconsistency in which trademark laws are applied, which makes sense since its their job to provide legal advice.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Not sure where all the angst is coming from - I thought the blog post was interesting and I don't think they have an issue with the company name. They did seem to have issues with the inconsistency in which trademark laws are applied, which makes sense since its their job to provide legal advice.

This is the internet- We drink, fight then dance!

Duke

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
A couple of years ago at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest my room was next door to the Schiit room. I tried to interest them in a trade, a pair of my speakers for one of their amps. They were not interested... apparently they thought my speakers weren't worth a Schiit.

Ba-dump bump CHING!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a degree from FKU

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Some folks are Londoners, others Parisian.

We're all Tampons around here.

1597623954503.png

Daverz

Major Contributor
SJW's should be dragged out in to the street and shot. Honestly it's Mothers against Canada level nonsense.

Idiots who use "SJW" unironically should have their genitalia fed to the ducks.

I find nothing scandalous in the linked article. But it's a conversation between two women, which seems to be triggering for some.

win

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Idiots who use "SJW" unironically should have their genitalia fed to the ducks.

I find nothing scandalous in the linked article. But it's a conversation between two women, which seems to be triggering for some.

Amazing, isn't it?

Furthermore, other pieces there start with sentences such as "We like ass at Strong Language, and it’s an impressively productive piece of vocabulary" and "At Strong Language we love creative swearing." So clearly the blog isn't by written by prudes in the Tipper "Parental Advisory - Explicit Lyrics" Gore mold. It's just someone with a niche linguistic interest.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Personally, I find the Schiit brand name as well as the names of many of their products kind of puerile. It's like when you have a talented technical savant working in your company and he's so completely socially backward that he continues to make the same scatological puns and poo-poo jokes he made in fifth grade, and doesn't understand why people don't find him funny. And you just all have to put up with him because he fills a niche.

Yeah, it's kinda like that.

Top Bottom