• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Doubts about HIFIMAN HE400se

Peib

Hello!

I have AKG k712 pro and I am plan ING to change them for hifiman he400se because I read thones ones are much better choice.
The question I have is about the soundstage of the hifiman compared to the AKG or to the other choice I consider: sennheiser hd58X jubilee.
Can anyone tell me how the soundstage of the hifiman is and how it compares with those other headphones please?
I appreciate advices and suggestions :)

Thanks in advance!!

Excuse my bad English :D

solderdude

Grand Contributor
soundstage is a personal thing.
No way to tell how this will work out for you.
read:

The 3 headphones you mention are quite different.
Are you going to use EQ ?
Why do you want to replace the K712 pro.
What do you expect from the change ?

OP
Peib

Peib

soundstage is a personal thing.
No way to tell how this will work out for you.
read:

The 3 headphones you mention are quite different.
Are you going to use EQ ?
Why do you want to replace the K712 pro.
What do you expect from the change ?
Hello!
Are you going to use EQ? I guess so, if needed.
Why do you want to replace the K712 pro? Long time having them and I wanted to try new sounds. When i saw how well measure and how cheap he400se are, i wanted to give them a chance, because my budget is low
What do you expect from the change? Honestly, i dont know exactly :)
Thanks!

okok

k712 is too cheap a target, someone is EQing the he400se into Senn HE1, check that HE1 thread.
use it wisely

nyxnyxnyx

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This is just my subjective opinion after hearing/owning he400se,k712 and hd 58x/580 (not all at the same time though)
he400se is the easiest one to listen to, no annoying harshness/sibilance, bass notes hit harder than k712/58x, soundstage is okay-ish although I felt that k712 was more spacious.

OP
Peib

Peib

This is just my subjective opinion after hearing/owning he400se,k712 and hd 58x/580 (not all at the same time though)
he400se is the easiest one to listen to, no annoying harshness/sibilance, bass notes hit harder than k712/58x, soundstage is okay-ish although I felt that k712 was more spacious.
Have you hear The He400i 2020? How do u compair with he400se?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Hello!
Are you going to use EQ? I guess so, if needed.
Why do you want to replace the K712 pro? Long time having them and I wanted to try new sounds. When i saw how well measure and how cheap he400se are, i wanted to give them a chance, because my budget is low
What do you expect from the change? Honestly, i dont know exactly :)
Thanks!

You can try a new sound by applying EQ.

The HE400SE is a cheap and decent headphone requiring some EQ.
Perhaps visit a hifi store that carries some headphone models to find out what you might want in a headphone (comfort and sound)

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Have you hear The He400i 2020? How do u compair with he400se?
Had 400SE (sold it) selling a HE400i.
IMO the 400SE was just slightly better in the lows.
400SE is a it cheaper looking IMO

xavx

My only suggestion is to buy and try them from a shop that accepts returns like Amazon. Had 5 400se in total hoping to get a good one. 4 of them had severe imbalance and the 5th had peaking high frequencies triggering ringing ears. Despite being probably the cheapest planar, I didn't keep them because I wouldn't have used them much.

Adaboy4z

HE400se are good headphone's I was about to sell them and upgrade again, but EQ changed my mind.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
HE400se in my opinion are some of the easiest headphones to listen even without EQ. They have plenty of bass without having to conform to the Harman bass shelf, but once you EQ them, they're definitely the best to get headphones at <$200. These do currently retail around $109 or so.

Top Bottom