• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Double Take

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Made me look twice...

1619551802808.png

Oriolus DPS-L2 ES9038 DAC PRO OPA1612 HiFi Music Player — HiFiGo

Katji

Major Contributor
:-o :) woww. But what is that cassette thing in the window?
It's hard to resist. Those colours, and the buttons... ....Whoever designed it should get a Lifetime Achievement award / Sony Heroes, a fat pension and a huge amount of shares.

Katji

Major Contributor
The girl in the video wasn't born then. :rolleyes:

This page is quite interesting - the shipping and so on. Even got photos of the packaging. Well sorted shipping.
https://hifigo.com/pages/track-order

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
oh, ok. I even searched the members,thought you might've been trying to tag someone. :)

Good to see.
...How I wish I could filter my tv.

Katji

Major Contributor
:-o :) woww. But what is that cassette thing in the window?
Ok, it's a sort of display feature - neat.
...It seems the lid/door opens so the display becomes fully visible.

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
More authentic looking than even the Sony 40th Anniversary Walkman with the retro case.

SonyNW-A100TPS40thAnniversaryDigitalAudioPlayer02_4000x@2x.progressive.jpg

mansr

Major Contributor
Some of us grew up with actual Walkmen and would rather not be reminded of the experience.

Reactions: GDK

sq225917

Major Contributor
I had loads of them, loved every one. Each one better than the last, at least upto the ql dd versions, then all downhill from there.

mansr

Major Contributor
Sure, they were practical and all. But it was still bloody compact cassettes played over extremely dubious headphones.

Katji

Major Contributor
I had a Discman for a while, somehow I never really liked it. Not as ergonomic or whatever. Cassettes were easier to carry around - and operate. ...Drop a cassette on the ground , no problem. Drop a CD :confused: - or a "jewel case"... Then again, cassette cases were also a pain in the arse. Just not so much.

OP
Berwhale

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a secret stash of portable Mini-disc players/recorders (don't hate me!) and early MP3 players in the garage. I guess I should see if any of them still work...

20210427_231523 (Small).jpg

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Some of us grew up with actual Walkmen and would rather not be reminded of the experience.

Well at the time it was pretty cool. Was just watching a video introducing these to kids, was kinda fun to watch. I did the original Discman too, and several other models after that....cheap way to get my cds in the car for the most part (with the good ol' cassette adapter).

Memories, mostly in the rear view mirror....like vinyl.

OP
Berwhale

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I never owned a Sony Walkman. I owned a one or two Aiwa portable players in my youth. I also remember owning a player that was so small that the tape stuck out of it (that might have been a Toshiba).

Top Bottom