• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dope From Hope

OP
Wombat

Wombat

Master Contributor
Thank you.

He had a way of stating his views simply and succinctly, e.g. "One can tell if a room is good or bad by listening to someone talk in it. If a natural voice sounds bad , its reproduction will be bad, too".

I guess the 'clap' or 'clatter'(kitchen noise) impression could be added. For those with younger hearing, key jangling could be included.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you.

He had a way of stating his views simply and succinctly, e.g. "One can tell if a room is good or bad by listening to someone talk in it. If a natural voice sounds bad , its reproduction will be bad, too".

I guess the 'clap' or 'clatter'(kitchen noise) impression could be added. For those with younger hearing, key jangling could be included.

Key jangling usually has some considerable output to the mid 30 khz range. Good quick test for comparing how far past 20 khz your mikes go.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
PWK was one of the shining lights of Hi Fi.
There have been few like him before or since.
RIP Paul, I know your rolling in your grave over what goes on in the industry today.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
He was a character. I miss him though did not know him well, just a few meetings.

Top Bottom