• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DOP playback without sound in Topping D50

lke7777777

anyone can share their setting in foobar that can be play DOP file in Topping D50..thanks

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Why not native DSD?

I'm a bit ignorant on this.

From what/where can you source and transport a native DSD data stream?

Roen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.co...-part-3-new-experimental-sacd-plugin-v-0-9-x/

Mine is setup similarly to Mode 5.

DSD files in the digital domain are played back 1 of 2 ways: Native DSD and DSD over PCM (DoP). Both are DSD, neither are converted. What's different is how the data is being transmitted and whether a DAC has support to read one or both modes. DoP generally requires double the bandwidth of native DSD as well, due to its implementation.

For example, my Encore mDSD can handle both types, so for bandwidth reasons, I stream native DSD to the mDSD over USB. My GO2Pro can only do DoP, so I have to configure foobar to output DoP only.

As for sources themselves, generally you'll find DSF and DFF files ripped from SACD's.

Krunok

Major Contributor
As for sources themselves, generally you'll find DSF and DFF files ripped from SACD's.

I believe that's not what Ray was asking. How do you know that DSD stream from SACD was not converted from PCM? :D

Roen

I believe that's not what Ray was asking. How do you know that DSD stream from SACD was not converted from PCM? :D
You'd have to have intimate knowledge of the mastering process.

OP
L

lke7777777

So...anyone can play dop on d5o or not..thks..any setting for d50 sharing here..thks

Roen

I play DoP from my iPhone to the D50 fine. I already posted how to get DoP working with foobar above.

OP
L

lke7777777

anyone can help to solve play dop no sound issue in d 50...foobar setting problem

Patrick1958

Forum Donor
Make sure your volume settings are at maximum in windows sound manager and topping dashboard/driver. Dop will only work in max vol setting.

Bringing down the volume will destroy/corrupt the embedded info for DOP

Last edited:
OP
L

lke7777777

Make sure your volume settings are at maximum in windows sound manager and topping dashboard/driver. Dop will only work in max vol setting.

Bringing down the volume will destroy/corrupt the embedded info for DOP
vol to max already, but still only..sss.ssss output. topping device shows 176.4khz but only..ssss.ssss ...pls help

OP
L

lke7777777

toppinh d50 using.
for device output there have a huge of selection..which one is correct
asio driver have huge of seletion too...which one is correct
from sacd out mode too...dsd or dsd + pcm only
anyone using topping d50 here can really play dop normally...

Patrick1958

Forum Donor
toppinh d50 using.
for device output there have a huge of selection..which one is correct
asio driver have huge of seletion too...which one is correct
from sacd out mode too...dsd or dsd + pcm only
anyone using topping d50 here can really play dop normally...

Using dsd wasapi event will work.
Using dsd Asio also but it will add dither -129 by default. Wasapi does not.

ps : in windows 10 soundmanager select 44.1/24. 44.1/16 will also add dither -96 by default even though wasapi event is choosen.

OP
L

lke7777777

thanks again...Patrick1958...
would u mind to explain more...dsd wasapi event have a lot of words follow it...which one is correct...

Top Bottom