• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Don't know which DAC to buy

CarlToft

Sorry for my older post, couldn't delete it.
I own a Topping L30 which I currently use my mobo which is an ASUS b350 f gaming. I don't couldn't find the DAC chip but it either ESS® SABRE9018Q2C or ESS® SABRE9023P

If a DAC will make my audio better I would like to get one that's under 250€.
Info: I am using a Hifiman Sundara. The DAC doesn't make any hissing sounds.

Last edited:
OP
C

CarlToft

The L30 is just an analogue-in analogue-out amp, or booster, right?
I assume you need it to get more volume for your 'phones, from the output of the PC.
The DAC on your PC, you say is silent, hiss-wise - so what problem are you trying to fix?

There is this to look at - https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/significant-improvement-or.8209/

It kinda says your PC runs a decent DAC already.....
I don't know but the L30 at least makes the headphones sound a lot better with more bass and I don't have to be on 85% on windows. Is just if there are a audible difference from my DAC and a better external one.

OP
C

CarlToft

OP
C

CarlToft

You should get over 50 DAC recommendations on this web site! Good Luck!
Yea. But at least I can check with the measurements which are better than the others objectively and read Amir's reviews(Don't know the name 100% so sorry if I spelled it wrong).

Top Bottom