• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Donald Trump Elected President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Congratulations to Donald Trump on winning the race for the US Presidency!
We will Make America Great Again. ;)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I had a live stream of the Victory Speech Rallies for both Clinton and Trump on for several hours.

People milling around, waiting.

I heard a lot of nasty too loud rock/metal/something at the Clinton Show.

Trump just had Fox News on the big screen, but I think they had cocktails, too.

Time passed.

Finally, somebody, at like 2:30am, Podesta, came onto the Clinton stage and told everyone to go home, and the live stream went dead.

About 20 minutes later, news started giving hints of Trump victory - Pennsylvania to go his way...

The rest will certainly be some history.

--

I thought it sort of lame of Clinton to invite everyone to her show, and then not appear.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Democracy in action

Yeah, well, the rest of the time it's a Republic, and there ain't no votes.

I've heard the Swiss have a more direct form of self-governing.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Make your reservations for any of the Trump Hotels, and it should be no problem.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm traveling to the states next year was planning to wear my 'I love hunks' t shirt and take my Quran in my hand luggage... Will I still get in ?:D
You planning to vacation in Gitmo? I hear the weather is nice there.

I do believe you will be able to bring both items without difficulty. And not serious about Gitmo. You'll get in to the mainland.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If there is one lesson to be learned from this is how flawed current political polling methodologies are. They were all wrong, except perhaps Nate Silver who's been one dissenting voice against the chorus who was giving Trump less than 15% on the Eve of ELection Night.

It is going to be an interesting year for the democrats and perhaps for Democracy in the US.

Ronm1

Yes polling is flawed. 2012 had Romney just about a shoe in. If I remember correctly.

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
Hopefully people will start to spend money again in the US. I already started to do my part last week. :)

Also my wife is a doctor. She is looking forward to new solutions to the health care situation. Overall, I think there's some optimism for the economic and foreign policy futures of the US.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Hopefully people will start to spend money again in the US. I already started to do my part last week. :)

Also my wife is a doctor. She is looking forward to new solutions to the health care situation. Overall, I think there's some optimism for the economic and foreign policy futures of the US.
With the house, senate and presidency with a modicum of unity at least there is a good chance the political stagnation of the last 6 years or so will be at a end.. This can only be a good thing.

What ever your political leanings the dynasty that's dominated the White House for some 30 years was bizarre to say the least.. It's never a good sign when power is 'kept in the family '.

Michael I would say a upturn in spending at least in the short term is guaranteed.

As for health care... Healing the sick and capitalism are strange bed fellows, that's never going to change.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
With the house, senate and presidency with a modicum of unity at least there is a good chance the political stagnation of the last 6 years or so will be at a end.. This can only be a good thing.
Not certain it is a good thing but it will be a change from nothing.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There needs to be a reconsideration of what the Capital brings to the Human Experience at least in the USA... At his point in time regardless of your political leanings , one is forced to contemplate that the goals of Capitalism may not align with those of Democracy. Scary but needs to be said and addressed.
On top of that we don't seem to really know what and how the electorate think. We assign thoughts to the electorate based on our own echo chamber or what is assigned by what we think of as authorities, the Pollsters for example in the USA but also the polarizers many "news" outlets have become. Be it Fox or MSNBC. We listen to news that please us and make of it a truth very far from The Reality. With such we cannot focusing on the issues. Because of that this campaign was as vacuous as it was negative. Issues were not addressed by either candidate.
Trump may need to go beyond the rhetorics to address the real issue of a intricately and irremediably connected world.
When one looks at it very seriously what used to be considered obnoxious and repulsive is now seen as confident and smart e.g the bombast of people like ..well The Donald, now The President and to a lesser or different extent, of Kanye West who's a star in spite of being a bona fide a-hole.

It should have told us a thing or two about what the World is facing when we have people that are famous ..just for being famous ... e,g Kim Kardishian or before her Paris Hilton .. These people do absolutely NOTHING , have done nothing and won't ever do Nothing (yeah! I know double negative .. grammatically incorrect but ... :)) ...except being followed by millions and occupying valuable mind real estate while there is so much to do in an increasingly difficult World ...
I'll stop there this forum is not to be political ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom