• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Does the Topping D90LE support digital vole adjustment from a Mac while in pure Mac mode?

DeviseUseful

I have the D90LE in pure DAC mode with the A90 Discreet on XLR with the preamp off. I use my Mac laptop to play music and use a usb c adapter and hook up to the Mac with usb. For some weird reason, sometimes when I connect to the Mac I am able to control the volume sent to the dad from the laptop digitally trough my computer. Although most of the time when I hook up my laptop the ability to change the volume digitally from the computer seems to be disabled while hooked to the DAC and it seems the only way to change the volume is through the amp knob. I don't really have any problems with this, but I was just wondering if this is an issue or which one is "correct". I believe I should not be able to adjust digitally since my Schit stack didn't ever let me do it, but some random times it will let me change the volume for some reason. Not sure what is happening. If anyone else uses the D90 and uses an apple laptop to stream music please let me know if you are able to change the volume digitally. I am a little paranoid since I spent a lot on my gear. Thanks!

Top Bottom