• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Does target curve filter auto-fit software exist?

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does anyone know of a software that can take a target curve and automatically generate PEQ/shelf filters to match it?

For example (assuming one could separate the 4 traces for different midrange presets) is there a software that could take the MF/HF processing curves for NHT Xd measured by Audioholics (below), and generate filters for a miniDSP PWR-ICE250? That's the goal.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Does anyone know of a software that can take a target curve and automatically generate PEQ/shelf filters to match it?

For example (assuming one could separate the 4 traces for different midrange presets) is there a software that could take the MF/HF processing curves for NHT Xd measured by Audioholics (below), and generate filters for a miniDSP PWR-ICE250? That's the goal.

Dont ask me how but I am pretty sure REW can. Based on this https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...man-ananda-review-headphone.22281/post-741861

Daverz

Major Contributor
You could try recording the output of the XDA processor at the speaker terminals with a REW sweep, taking care not to overload the recording interface. A stacking banana to BNC connector combined with a BNC to RCA or TRS adapter might be helpful here. Then export the impulse response, I think you want to use acoustic timing reference rather an a loopback reference for the sweep measurement, since you don't really want the DSP delay included in the impulse response.

Last edited:
OP
jhaider

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
jhaider

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No, you can set a target curve from an arbitrary frequency response text file, and then ask REW to correct to this target curve. REW will even interpolate between the points in the frequency response to create a smoother curve for you.

https://www.roomeqwizard.com/help/help_en-GB/html/housecurve.html

Very interesting. I had no idea! I exported a random measurement from REW and was able to load it as a "house curve." I then used a flatline measurement I had and was able to get an automated fit in a couple minutes. It wasn't perfect but was certainly a good starting point.

[VituixCAD optimizer] Yep

Again, glad I asked! A program I use fairly often but simply did not know about this functionality! I poked around and definitely looks more involved (as I understand it, I have to enter the 20 filters as HS/LS/PEQ blocks and then run the optimizer) but also more powerful (ability to use high/low shelfs, do the crossover and EQ in one pass etc.) I will have to play around more with this!

Top Bottom