• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Does size matter?

What is the floor-size of your main listening room in square feet (meters)?

• Total voters

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I'm curious about people's main listening room dimensions. I expect it's the living/family/TV room for a lot of people, an office or bedroom for others. If you think the footprint of a room alone isn't worth knowing I understand, but I'm curious anyway. I understand ceiling height also matters, and some of you will have open floor plans, so the actual volume of two rooms with the same floorspace could be dramatically different.

I would also be interested to hear what kind of speakers you're using in your room. For example, I have a HT setup in the living room, but my main listening room is a 160 sq ft office where I have a pair of full-size, 3-way floor standing speakers (no subs). Probably could do just as well or better with something much smaller, but the ones I have were given to me free, so no complaints.
Mines too small , I make the best of it and no one's complained but still I know .

Top Bottom