• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Does Focal Elex have QC problems?

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No complaint with Elegia here.
I travel with it, and use it in variable conditions, with no issue.
Only complaint is that the cable is too short and not flexible enough. Would love to see a balanced cable option too.
And, yes, the level out of my Yamaha DM1000 mixer is a bit short. Not a problem at all with the RME ADI-2 Pro, of course.
Excellent sound, as far as I'm concerned.

spronkey

Mine died sometime between August and last week. Had them in storage for just over 2 months after daily use, saw Oluv's video, thought hmm I must get these out and have more listen. Plugged them in and, oh what's this, one side working only?

Opened the capsule, couldn't see any visible issues with the wires, but open circuit across driver so it's clearly broken somewhere. Would have to melt off the rubbery blobs to figure out whether its in there or in the coil itself, so back to Drop they go for a refund after an $80 USD postage fee from my country :'(

Very poor.

lxlx

Forum Donor
Mine lasted 2weeks, right driver dead.
Hands off.

mkawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Checking after a year. so far so good.

Top Bottom