• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Does anyone know how to add remote volume control?

gentlejax

I have a NAD 106 preamp that has been rebuilt. new blue alps volume control. but it has no remote ability and I hate to get up and down to change volume. that is turning relaxing into work.

just wondered how would one work around that.

OP
G

gentlejax

lol I was hoping there was something else premade out there maybe that can remedy the issue, I am not very good with the solder iron,

Vini darko

Major Contributor
if your using digital sources a smsl sanskrit 10th dac will give good volume control before the amplifier. Its more expensive but a lot less ball ache.

Timbo2

if your using digital sources a smsl sanskrit 10th dac will give good volume control before the amplifier. Its more expensive but a lot less ball ache.

That was going to be my suggestion as well. If you are using a DAC as a source use one that has a remote with volume.

OP
G

gentlejax

actually I just tried one of those the other day. either it was broken or I had something set wrong. I could not get any sound . I got the remote to work but no sound. I put my other dac back in and it worked .

OP
G

gentlejax

well a just got a Freya S delivered and thrown on the rack.....the NAD 106 remote issue may not matter . this Freya S sounds pretty good..

SineWave

well a just got a Freya S delivered and thrown on the rack.....the NAD 106 remote issue may not matter . this Freya S sounds pretty good..

I was thinking to get the same in order to get remote volume control with my existing integrated amp. Enjoy!

Top Bottom