• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Does anyone have any contacts ay JBL?

Phelonious Ponk

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The dust cap on one of my LSR 305 woofers is missing. I suspect the cat. Calling JBL, first they told me they don’t sell the caps, just replacement woofers. I found this frustrating, but understandable, and went searching for third party suppliers. I quickly realized I was going to need exact specs - diameter, whether or not it has a rim, materials used to determine what kind of glue to use... So I called JBL Pro back, got a helpful person who didn’t have any answers, but gave me an email for technical support. A couple of days later, I got a reply saying that this information was not available, and another offer to sell me a replacement woofer.

Of course that information is available, and this answer is unacceptable. I need to push the issue upstream.

Dimitri

Regarding support from JBL ....I doubt they will send you a dust cap unless you know a guy that knows a guy on the assembly floor

I'd call speaker city @ 818-846-9921 , get a few dustcaps and be done :)
( http://www.speakercity.com )

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Maybe keep an eye on the litter box. :rolleyes:

OP
Phelonious Ponk

Phelonious Ponk

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Regarding support from JBL ....I doubt they will send you a dust cap unless you know a guy that knows a guy on the assembly floor

I'd call speaker city @ 818-846-9921 , get a few dustcaps and be done :)
( http://www.speakercity.com )

Yeah, I get that. At this point, I just want the specs. I can figure it out, but “I don’t have that information, from technical support at JBL is a slacker’s answer. Of course they have that information. I just need someone who’s willing to put in just a bit of effort for a customer. Very disappointing.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Top Bottom