• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Does anyone have an impedance and phase plot for current production ESS Heil AMT ?

Music1969

Major Contributor
Hi,

Does anyone have an impedance and phase plot for current production ESS Heil AMT ?

Pharos

There was one on DIY audio which I looked at a few weeks ago which amazed me because I had been given information that currently the FR was +/- 7dB. The graph was for non selected current versions of the 'Great' Heil, with production diaphragms, and was +/- 2dB from about 800Hz to 23kHz - very impressive.

OP
M

Music1969

Major Contributor

pelanj

Only UMIK measurements so far. I have an impedance jig for REW, so I will try to measure it for you in free air. But I cannot promise when that will be and I am still not convinced I get correct results with it. I am new here, so I hope it is not against rules to post a link - http://mysharegadget.com/153110531 - it will be valid for 33 days if anyone is interested in my acoustic measurements.

Pharos

What impressed me was the waterfall measurements earlier in the thread.

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Only UMIK measurements so far. I have an impedance jig for REW, so I will try to measure it for you in free air. But I cannot promise when that will be and I am still not convinced I get correct results with it. I am new here, so I hope it is not against rules to post a link - http://mysharegadget.com/153110531 - it will be valid for 33 days if anyone is interested in my acoustic measurements.

Nice work.

How far off-axis would you say "even more off-axis" would be? (-:

Pharos

The waterfalls were made from these measurements.

They are probably the cleanest and smoothest across a wide range that I have seen, and after years of looking at waterfalls for many high end speakers which are often very lumpy.

pelanj

Off axis is something like 25 deg and even more off axis should be something like 45 deg - since that is the opening angle. I will do some proper measurements again when I have some free space in my living room again.

pelanj

Regarding the waterfalls - maybe I did something wrong there. But the raw data is in the project.

YSC

Major Contributor

jake cruiser

Does any one have impedance and phase plots or frequency response for this Great Heil AMT-1 Large that is currently being sold? As in the magic inputs / text files to use in VituixCAD?

Top Bottom