• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Does any one have a yamaha 3060 reviewed or close model

Arran

After much reading ive decided a expensive pre/pro for the moment isnt worth it thanks to this site and sticking with the yamaha 3060 and get a monoprice 11x or maybe a 9x with a separte stereo amp. Running monitor audio silver 500s, c350, 4 x silver 100 and 4 x 380 idc. I would rather have the power amp kept together and get a 11x and hope that a pre/pro comes soon that can match yhe performance of the cost meaning a separte stereo amp is unnecessary any advice is welcome thank you.

aldarrin

I've used the Yamaha RX-A3060 for last three years and am quite happy with it. Currently used in the basement with a 5.1.4 setup. I previously used it for 7.2.4 using a Yamaha A-S501 driving the Yamaha NS-777s in front (3060 can only power 9 channels, not the full 11 needed) and in ceiling speakers for the .4 channels. It was awesome, but then I moved and the new house doesn't have a good space for that setup. 5.1.4 with the 3060 is more than good enough for watching movies (especially scenes in forests, really immersive). And I have two channels, amp, and sub for a nice sounding system upstairs for entertaining. In my old house and setup, I never once felt like I was missing anything. The current space just isn't setup as well, but it's still great. If you already have the 3060, I'd recommend either scaling back to 5.1.4 or add a decent amp for 7.1.4. But to be fair, I've had the same speakers since 2005, so maybe I'm not the best source of advice.

Top Bottom