• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Doctor Who - The 14th Doctor

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
He isn’t a human being he’s a Time Lord. Stick with Tom Baker as the BBC trashed the show a while back. Like so much so called drama it’s more about keeping us on message, rather than entertainment.
Humm ... yeah, Doctor Who is Time Lord not human being. Funny, though, that for so long the good Doctor chose to look like a White man. Personally I watch drama for entertainment, not to kept on message. I suppose it's find, however, if entertainment is called on it when it strays too far off-message.

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
Humm ... yeah, Doctor Who is Time Lord not human being. Funny, though, that for so long the good Doctor chose to look like a White man. Personally I watch drama for entertainment, not to kept on message. I suppose it's find, however, if entertainment is called on it when it strays too far off-message.
It could be because Dr Who was originally conceived and written by a white man? Is it right to express the feelings and take on life of another race or culture? Saw so much of this when living overseas you need to lead the life not to represent it in a voyeristic way. If Dr Who had been conceived and written by an African author what ethnic identity would Dr Who have had?

steve59

Major Contributor
It's hard to blame JW for the failure of the last few years, The cast had no chemistry. The bigger on the inside that was always a fun way for a new member to introduce themselves to us was all but eliminated and acting was replaced with dialogue! I wasn't expecting a new episode last sunday and slept through most of it, but was so relieved to see David Tennent back. I hope DT can keep the train on the tracks while the show decides what it is. I don't know why the writers decided a new dr had to be introduced every 3 years if it works don't fix it and if it doesn't change dr's early. Odds are DT is a stopgap, but hopefully they can get a dedicated cast that enjoys working together for future episodes.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Rubbish, Dr Who has always been progressive with subtle messaging even in the Tom Baker (best DW) era... that changed with Chibnall to much more in the face which came across as writing a story around around a statement rather than just naturally being a part of the story. I hope he never has anything to do with Dr Who writing again as his style is not in harmony with the feel of the show prior to his tenure.
Correct but changing the Dr to a female or black male is all about a PC statement in itself. The Dr has always had female and black companions. These latest changes were unnecessary, in you face, political statements.

Last edited:
Top Bottom