• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do you have Spotify lossless in your country?

garbz

no regrets? :)
3 Months free is a good way of eliminating regrets. I also switched to Apple music a few weeks ago. No regrets from me, but there's absolutely zero way I'm going to subscribe after the free period.
The app is a pain, the website is perpetually broken switching me to the wrong country, when I open it up it offers me playlists that only play in preview mode due to the country issue, despite the fact the songs are available in my country too, iTunes is depreciated but the only way to use it on Windows, naturally it doesn't work with my non-apple Streamer, in the car the app kept pausing when Google Maps spoke over it (Spotify does this too but then autoresumes like it should).

And minor things: I can't make headway on the website. Listen now vs browse? If I play a playlist, how do I see the playlist and queue without going back to browse and finding the playlist again? Hopefully you don't have that issue with your streamer.

For a company that prides itself on user experience this has to be the single worst experience I've had. It is very clearly a shop with a streaming service shoehorned into it, rather than something designed as a streaming service. 1/10. Oh but it has lossless so 3/10. Oh but you can't get lossless at all on a PC so back to 1/10 for me.

Kegemusha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Lol, sounds crap to me, I hate itunes (I only have windows PC), worst SW ever.
That is the strength of Spotify, the app, it is very god.

vhild§

no regrets? :)
Not really. I bought an old Apple TV box with optical out and streaming through it is smooth, while not bit-perfect. For serious listening, I plug my iPhone to an external dac and use headphones.

vhild§

3 Months free is a good way of eliminating regrets. I also switched to Apple music a few weeks ago. No regrets from me, but there's absolutely zero way I'm going to subscribe after the free period.
The app is a pain, the website is perpetually broken switching me to the wrong country, when I open it up it offers me playlists that only play in preview mode due to the country issue, despite the fact the songs are available in my country too, iTunes is depreciated but the only way to use it on Windows, naturally it doesn't work with my non-apple Streamer, in the car the app kept pausing when Google Maps spoke over it (Spotify does this too but then autoresumes like it should).

And minor things: I can't make headway on the website. Listen now vs browse? If I play a playlist, how do I see the playlist and queue without going back to browse and finding the playlist again? Hopefully you don't have that issue with your streamer.

For a company that prides itself on user experience this has to be the single worst experience I've had. It is very clearly a shop with a streaming service shoehorned into it, rather than something designed as a streaming service. 1/10. Oh but it has lossless so 3/10. Oh but you can't get lossless at all on a PC so back to 1/10 for me.
You really need to be inside the Apple ecosystem for it to work perfectly, I guess. My sole music source is an iPhone and the Apple Music app streaming to Apple TV or an external dac. Haven’t touched iTunes for a decade.

garbz

You really need to be inside the Apple ecosystem for it to work perfectly, I guess.
Honestly this is completely keeping with what I expect of Apple. When you're an all Apple person things just seem to work. If you try to do something different it always seems to go tits up. I think I can safely say that the single contribution that Apple has made outside of it's own ecosystem is their zero-config client Bonjour. It seems to be the only Apple product which works without an issue with non Apple devices and on non-Apple systems.

I envy you for not having touched iTunes. I feel dirty just having it on my system but the only reason I do is to get access to Apple's HE-AAC encoder.

Kegemusha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If you have a sonos system and use the sonos app, you dont need any apple device, you get apple music there, at least if what I tried in the app In that way could be good. I have one 7 years old ipad only.

Top Bottom