• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do you have a favourite song?

rgpit

Forum Donor
question: why that version instead of the original, Marvin Gaye was maybe the best American voice.

This is my favorite live performance:
The OP asked what's "your" favorite song and that's mine. Look at the artist lineup performing it. Better still, give it a listen.

Pablo27

True Love Leaves no Traces, Leonard Cohen.

It's interchangeable though with many many others..

Reactions: GDK

dartinbout

I have, not just a song, but a specific performance of the song. I contend it has everything, rhythm, melody, a bassline and as sexy as anything ever written, plus it's an admission of your willingness to surrender to desire. What could possibly be better?

killdozzer

Major Contributor
@GDK It's O Paraiso by Madredeus. I'm sure it will be available if you find another clip in YouTube.

Reactions: GDK

Andretti60

The OP asked what's "your" favorite song and that's mine. Look at the artist lineup performing it. Better still, give it a listen.
Mine was not a criticism, I respect the personal preference, it was just a curiosity.
Yes, I listened to that version, thank you for posting it.

dasdoing

Major Contributor
I don't realy, my taste changes every day.
but I can mention a (international) song that will never ever tire me:
(and it's this mix)

SoundGuy

This band you never heard of

Madlop26

As far as I can remember there are only 2 songs that take me to a state no others can, I can not tell which one I lik....love the most:
Gethsemane (I Only Want to Say) by Ian Gillan....the anger, desperation, and resignation of a man who is about to die.
Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits, Alchemy Album.....Mark Knopfler in crescendo guitar solo, hypnotizes me every time.

Last edited:

onemax

Linkin Park - In the end

Top Bottom