• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do you have a favourite song?

GDK

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
For my own personal use, I am trying to compile a playlist of my Top 1000 songs. However, I am sure that I have forgotten a few classics along the way and so I am curious as to what everyone else would nominate as their one, all-time, favourite song. The one that's always overplayed. Your sine qua non / ne plus ultra / desert island A-side / all time go-to. In a FMK discussion, what song would you Marry?

Let's make it tough: please only one posting per person (unless the second is extremely obscure). I know, it's like choosing your favourite child, but we also all know that we have one... ;)

rgpit

Forum Donor
Tough one. But if I had to pick just one it would be "What's Going On?" from Quincy Jones' Smackwater Jack album.

Reactions: GDK

mcdn

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

JSmith

Master Contributor

I could post 1000+ songs, tracks, pieces of music... these sprang to mind from the distant past.

JSmith

Sokel

Master Contributor
Amongst thousands I think I would put my top one as Rachmaninov's piano concerto No 2 conducted by Stanislav Wislocki and the Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra with Sviatoslav Richter performance in piano.

(sound is horrible,but that the play)

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Can't imagine really needing to pick just one but a favorite that comes to mind, and haven't tired of (yet), is Witchy Woman on the Super Session album (Bloomfield, Kooper & Stills)

p..s. Brain fart....had Eagles or witches on the brain or something....was thinking of Season of the Witch on the Super Session album....

Last edited:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

The tongue-in-cheek vid just makes it that much better. Those kids sure can rave!

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
According to spotify this is my most listened track for the data it has. Not accurate but a good one:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I don't think I have a single "favorite" song -- or a single favorite piece of music, for that matter.
Many for me are ne plus ultra (i.e., favorite 'of their kind', whatever kind they might be). The world would be a less fulfilling place (to me, at any rate) without them.

As I reflect on the question tonight, sitting here in a silent room, ironically enough :) I would posit this as perhaps my single, durable "favorite".
"That and a dime'll get ya a cuppa coffee", as they used to say (back when a dime would get ya a cuppa coffee).

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, I have so many especially in Early Classical genre, but you are restricting to just one.

Not in early classical genre though, but this melodyline suddenly has come to my memory...

My on-going post series here and thereafter would be of your interests and reference, I assume.

Last edited:
Top Bottom