• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do you have a favourite song?

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
Keb Mo - City Boy
Depends on my mood but love this track every day of the week.

bluefuzz

Major Contributor
It's pretty much impossible to choose one favourite song. My favourites change daily if not hourly and I'd need at least a 1000 tracks just to scratch the surface. But if pressed, I surely have to choose the indisputably greatest pop song ever recorded, bar none. I give you Candyskin by the Fire Engines.

FlyingFreak

Alright I want to try.
When I think of songs it means with vocals, not sure if that is right. I don’t think my 100 favorite tracks would include more than one or two vocals.
If vocals aren’t a thing … I ve been dancing to this song for over 15 years and it still feels fresh, as much of a discovery, as much excitement as the first time.
Take Me Under Your Skin by Trentemøller

I mostly listen to jazz and electronic music.

Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread! I’m discovering great things in genre I don’t know much about.

Reactions: GDK

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Alright I want to try.
When I think of songs it means with vocals, not sure if that is right. I don’t think my 100 favorite tracks would include more than one or two vocals.
I mostly listen to jazz and electronic music.
Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread! I’m discovering great things in genre I don’t know much about.
I don't care if it has singing or not I like music either way. But my wife (who's native language is not English) insists that music that she is exposed to by me has words (for whatever reason). Therefore, music that I like and have that doesn't have words, need to be getting played when she is not around. Since we travel a lot (and usually to different locations), this isn't an issue. But when we are together, it's just weird to me.

FlyingFreak

@EJ3 That’s interesting. Words need to be in English or any languages, she just like words spoken (sang)?
English is my third language and listening now to English language music I was listening to as a kid is pretty fun.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@EJ3 That’s interesting. Words need to be in English or any languages, she just like words spoken (sang)?
English is my third language and listening now to English language music I was listening to as a kid is pretty fun.
I think that the language just needs to be sung in whatever language. On movie's she likes for either the spoken language to be in English or her native tongue and the subtitles to be the opposite. She says that way she learns the spoken and written English better.

Top Bottom