• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do USB Filters Make DACs Sound Better? (Video)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

diddley

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I can hear the sea when i put a usb stick in my ear..Great debunking Amir, thank you again!
It's going really well with the videos, It's great learning material.

Tks

Major Contributor
Oh yeahhh

iJIW89B.gif

phoenixsong

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thanks to your reviews and comments I've learnt to recalibrate my perception of sound (I used to think that tube sound is "organic and closer to the original" because people said so). As such, I no longer use both my Ifi nano iusb 3.0 which introduces a tube-like sound to my tubeless setups. Surprisingly my dad who is completely foreign to audio and related equipment straightaway liked the sound without the iusb more, describing it as being clearer and less muffled sounding. I never told him about the measurements and how much I had to pay for them :p

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Not all USB isolators are like that from the movie

And some are just like this low speed isolator I use, but also serve a very useful purpose with attached test gear isolation. I don't think Amir is tarring all USB isolators with the same brush.

usb iso (1).jpeg

usb iso (2).jpeg
usb iso (3).jpeg

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you take requests I vote for the new flash in the pan audiophile trinket, Network acoustics ENO ethernet filter.

The ENO Ethernet filter is available in 2 versions, each using specially selected high purity UPOCC conductors.

ENO Cu is our original Ethernet filter. It effectively removes RFI/ EMI noise, delivering a clean Ethernet data stream into your streaming device. The results are nothing short of stunning: a greater sense of air, space and dynamism, low level details previously hidden can now be clearly heard, and all traces of digital harshness are gone. Music sounds real, natural and simply more exciting than before.

ENO Ag represents the very best Ethernet filter we can make. Everything that makes ENO Cu great is present in ENO Ag, just dialled up 2 or 3 notches. ENO Ag is designed for audio fans who want the very best possible performance from their music streamer. The soundstage takes on a truly 3D nature, tone and timbre sound smooth and natural, and every detail in the recording is clearly defined within a laser etched stereo image. All in all, with ENO Ag in any streamer-based system, the sense of realism created is breath-taking

Top Bottom