• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do the cables matter?

IowAudio

Forum Donor
Also found this interesting interview with Galen Gareis a retired senior engineer with Beldin cables and now works for Blue Jean Cables.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Also found this interesting interview with Galen Gareis a retired senior engineer with Beldin cables and now works for Blue Jean Cables.
That company has been discussed here. Huckster, and a particularly sad one.

egellings

Major Contributor
That hoser! I remember calling someone who BS'ed a lot a hoser, and the person BS'ed was said to have gotten hosed off.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
What I get from that exchange is that geoffkate (Machina Dynamica) is not a big fan of @Sean Olive and seems to allude that Harman Kardon is run by mr. Olive.

Blind test results and DBT results can be flawed just as subjective tests. Get the amplitude difference slightly wrong and wrong conclusions are easily drawn.

IowAudio

Forum Donor
Its also cheaper and easier to be subjective than objective. My gut tells me many of these audio companies want to keep it that way for obvious reasons. Think how much money it would save other industries if they only had to be subjective.... I think things are changing though. I think a combination of the two is the sweet spot. Like many other thing humans enjoys technology can make it better when implemented accordingly.

Top Bottom