• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do stereo integrated amps convert analog to digital - > analog again?

Cote Dazur

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I might be able to hear differences in DACs when using the very focused sounding 6XXs
That you might be able to hear a difference does not mean there is a difference, even if you are convinced there is a difference, except if you engage in a ABX test.
If you know what you are listening to, your brain takes control and let you hear what you want hear. Always and everybody, full stop.

Robin L

Master Contributor
That you might be able to hear a difference does not mean there is a difference, even if you are convinced there is a difference, except if you engage in a ABX test.
If you know what you are listening to, your brain takes control and let you hear what you want hear. Always and everybody, full stop.
I've got no problem with that. I no longer seek the grail via electronics, my old Washburn 12-string just got overhauled.

SoNic

Well... technically you can send directly DSD to final stage and that will make it "Class D"... digital amp.
Sharp SM-SX100 was such an amplifier that received a DSD signal from a matching SACD player that switched the amplifier itself as a power-DAC.

Top Bottom