• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do room treatments have to be ugly?

Milan237

That's room decoration not room treatment
For a recording studio or home theater or any other room designed for listening to music, this is not an acoustic treatment, but would be great for a living room, restaurant or any other empty room where echoes interfere with communication between people.

OP
Thunder22

Thunder22

Yeah, it's in a living room that doubles as a home theater. If I were to set up a dedicated listening room things would be a lot different. I don't have one, but the living room is "treated" when you consider the plant shelving shown, 8' tree in the corner, 13'x 13' area rug, 16 lineal feet of thick drapes, 4 level cat tower and a huge sectional couch. It's more of the whole being greater than the sum of it's parts. Dual 15" subs doesn't hurt either. As far as it being a decoration, yes it is , but a decoration that has helped dampen the acoustic properties of the space.

There are many references to WAF around hear. To which I usually just shake my head. What concerns me is the WAP factor! :p
"wetter is better"

Weeb Labs

Addicted to Fun and Learning
One possibility for increased WAF is to avail of a cheap fabric printing service (many on Amazon/AliExpress) and turn your DIY absorption panels into aesthetically artwork, whether of the film poster or weeb variety.

Top Bottom