• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do relays affect audio?

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Not sure what the deal was, the Omron relay seemed legit, perhaps not the best type was used.

Omron's relays have really gone downhill since they moved manufacturing to low cost countries.

gvl

Major Contributor
Omron's relays have really gone downhill since they moved manufacturing to low cost countries.

Yeah, I didn't really expect top shelf components in a $60 amp I'll give them credit the build is rather nice, at least visually.

egellings

Major Contributor
No putting Hg whetted relays on their side. The arrow must point to the stars above.. I am not certain of this, but I may have seen a DIP small signal Hg relay that could be oriented any way. These would have no arrow, since it makes no difference with them.

egellings

Major Contributor
Hg relays are not used in high voltage applications. They work well in small signal settings.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Then you need to put the relay on a live wire with high voltage. For a blind test, ask your wife/girlfriend to swap things around, assuming she's got balls.

She already blew up my video, I'm not letting her near my gear.

Top Bottom