• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do I need an external DDC? or USB HUB?

Samhunag

Hello guys,

I recently bought a diy dam1021 dac with amanero combo384.

As far as I know, dam1021 provide galvanic isolation so there is no need to add a usb conditioner(like iso regen, intona etc.).

Just wondering is an external DDC like singxer su-1 necessary for my system? (combo 384 seems to be a decent ddc itself)

Or I just need a good usb hub for signal buffering?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Welcome to the forum. Start playing some music and then pause it. Then perform different tasks on your computer. Do you hear any of that? If not, there is no noise transmission that needs fixing regardless.

OP
S

Samhunag

Welcome to the forum. Start playing some music and then pause it. Then perform different tasks on your computer. Do you hear any of that? If not, there is no noise transmission that needs fixing regardless.
When I open google chrome while listening to music, I do hear the music being interrupted for a split second.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Hi Samhunag

The i2s input of the dam1021 is already isolated. Signals are re-clocked. You need nothing further. Nothing to be gained by using different/additional bits.

Silabs isolators

dsc04895-001.jpg

Here is a useful resource.

https://hifiduino.wordpress.com/2015/03/16/soekris-dam-1021-r-2r-dac-users-guide/

Last edited:
OP
S

Samhunag

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
When I open google chrome while listening to music, I do hear the music being interrupted for a split second.
That is due to running out of resources on your computer for that moment. the computer falls behind serving data to the DAC causing that pause. Do you have a hard disk or SSD? And how much memory?

OP
S

Samhunag

That is due to running out of resources on your computer for that moment. the computer falls behind serving data to the DAC causing that pause. Do you have a hard disk or SSD? And how much memory?
I have one SSD for OS, and HDD for data. Memory size is 8GB.

Top Bottom