• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do Fancy Audio Cables Make a Difference? (video)

Katji

Major Contributor
CABLE OF THE DAY

HTB1uL1WakH0gK0jSZPiq6yvapXa6.jpg

HiFidFan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Katji

Major Contributor
Seriously. ...........That might be the worst I've seen. ...How much time and energy is spent on advertising standards regulation, but that bullshit is allowed/?

ta240

Major Contributor
That must be aprilfool?

That is what I thought; but it looks like they launched it earlier last month.

I like the one Q&A on Audiogon:
any money back guaranty if not satisfied?
No, as the product must be used in order to be tried you cannot return it as it is. We will try to bring more reviews and customer feedback to help you make your decision.

There is a much longer description of all the amazing things it does on Audiogon.
"Without proper electron to electron spin signal transfer in these connections systems sound hard, bright, fatiguing, and lack musicality, " " This product also and primarily works in the magnetic realm "
"It dramatically changes the signal transfer and effectively removes distortions so the signal flow must adjust. "
"Money-back guarantee? NPS-1260 is not offered with a money-back guarantee as this increases costs to the end-users. We feel it's not fair for those who are confident in buying and just willing to buy to absorb costs to others that refund policies endure. "

DSJR

Major Contributor
We have an advertising standards organisation which took Russ Andrews to task about claims made for some of his wares. Is there nothing similar in the US and elsewhere that could deal with such stuff, or at least make sure proper evidence is submitted to confirm these wild claims. Having lived through green pens and so on (and feeling I 'heard a difference' when in fact no meaningful difference was there), I can see the bull in these claims, but so many of our younger less experienced viewers may well be totally taken in!

TankTop

Katji

Major Contributor
^^^Did you move the toaster when you changed the cable? Sounds like a more reflective surface above it.

TankTop

^^^Did you move the toaster when you changed the cable? Sounds like a more reflective surface above it.
No but I’m going to try the microwave next and test with Hotpockets. Getting tired of boiling lava hot on the outside in frozen on the inside.

flaviowolff

This video compares the sound difference from three different guitar cables. The guitar went directly to the board. It's in portuguese, but the guy explains that instrument cables have verying resistance values, which can darken or brighten the sound a lot.

Starts at 6:47

I suppose this is not relevant for regular interconnects?

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
This video compares the sound difference from three different guitar cables. The guitar went directly to the board. It's in portuguese, but the guy explains that instrument cables have verying resistance values, which can darken or brighten the sound a lot.

Starts at 6:47

I suppose this is not relevant for regular interconnects?

Not really. Cable rolling is very common among guitarists. Jimmy Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan both liked cheap coiled cables for their added resistance and capacitance to take the edge off their Strats, for example.

flaviowolff

Not really. Cable rolling is very common among guitarists. Jimmy Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan both liked cheap coiled cables for their added resistance and capacitance to take the edge off their Strats, for example.
Nice! Do you know why this effect is more audible on instruments cables?

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
Nice! Do you know why this effect is more audible on instruments cables?

Companies building interconnects target transparency. Companies building guitar cables have other targets, as electric guitars are not full range instruments. Some people like high frequency "sparkle" and "chime." Others do not.

In the guitar cable market, many cables have at least some color. There are actually companies that market transparency, such as George L.

Top Bottom