• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do Audiophile Network Switches Make a Difference (video)?

Dmitri

Forum Donor
That was one of the most informative and enjoyable 35 minutes I’ve spent in a long time Amirm. Your video format and straight forward explanation has really helped me understand so much more in a short period of time than I would have possibly been able to glean from the written format. That’s a given..a base level of knowledge must be assumed because of the need for textural brevity. For me, and I suspect a number of people, visual demonstration with the added explanation of terminology is far easier to follow and hence much more involving. I’m ADD as they come, so that takes some doing. ; )
Thank you for your efforts Amirm. I look forward to further broadcasts!

srsxmi

Forum Donor
Amir,

The videos are a fantastic way to "read between the lines" of the reviews to learn things that are not in the reviews. Keep them coming!

While I got the point from your reviews that audiophile switches were a touch on the scam side, the video clearly drove home how far and why.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
How are these snake-oil practices not illegal?
There are a huge number of dishonest things which are not illegal. It varies from country to country what is and is not as well.
If you just think how much crime, lies and dishonest practices proliferate where there are laws and a police force reflect on what a risky place the internet is since it has neither consistent laws nor effective police.

respice finem

Major Contributor
Congratulations, and a good remedy for the whole BS on the Net.
Idea: A video longer than 10 minutes could use a 2-3 minutes long "tl,dr" section at the end, with a marker to jump to.
Silly thougt: I could think of a network switch making an audible difference: coil whine ;)

respice finem

Major Contributor
How are these snake-oil practices not illegal?
Good question. If a manufacturer makes claims about measurable performance and the device by design cannot reach them (as marketing a 100Mbit/s switch as a gigabit switch), it is illegal propably anywhere, but even then the road from crime to punishment (if any) is long and winding. Most "voodoo" makers/sellers are smart enough to write any amount of "audio lyric", but no measurements (because how?), and what they hear or claim to hear is subjective. Some people believe to hear voices, no one else hears and such... "A fool and his money are soon parted"...

Last edited:

MetalDaze

Another great video. I subscribed and am ready to watch & learn more.

I just wanted to ask, does anyone else listening notice that the first 0.25 to 0.5 seconds of each sentence or word is cut off when @amirm pauses between his thoughts or speech? Is this from the settings on the microphone being used?

MetalDaze

Educated guess: Background noise suppression @work?

You're probably right. His speech otherwise is level and intelligible. When I first started watching I thought I was losing it for a second. Lol

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor
This is like buying a diamond-encrusted, Teflon-lubricated hose to connect your '70s metal water spigot to your $5 plastic garden nozzle.

fivepast8

Forum Donor
Loved watching it. Great job, Thank you. I find YouTube video's just under 10min are the most effective.

Top Bottom