• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do Audiophile Network Switches Make a Difference (video)?

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I did recall it, you will see that I clairified my satirical comment that the product would empty your bank account to indicate it would not actually be capable of doing so and that was satire.

I don’t agree with Poe’s law, it’s asinine in my opinion, but if it is a forum requirement to abide by it then I will add explicit disclaimers for every non literal turn of phrase that might not be understood to be satire. Hence the clear disclaimer that the network switch will not remove funds from your account and that said statement was satirical.

Last note my original post had a large winky face and ended with question marks saying hey I got it right???? What is the appropriate emoji that somehow more clearly indicates satire?

Your "negions" post contained no emoji, nor indication of any sort. And the problem is we get regular new accounts posting equally nonsensical bunkum - either seriously or as a deliberate troll attempt, probably every week. Telling the difference between those, and yours is problematic.

Poe's law is not a rule - but a description of the inevitable consequences of such posts, especially from new accounts with no track record to indicate the posters true point of view.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It is clearly, or not so clearly humour. I said as much above, or thought I had. But since the other fellow is concerned with people being mislead and trying to chase away negions, ahem…, For the record there are obviously no such things as negions for any new readers starting their journey. Or rather the term is an entirely fictitious one and obviously absurd as the correct term for a negatively charged ion is anion if I recall.

So in summary, buying magical switches for your Ethernet and plugging them in, does not purge your entire house and power grid of …. well anything, and one can most certainly not chase away non existent negions with an Ethernet box, or even a broom for that matter. It may clear your bank account of money. (Edit… I forgot Poe’s law, here is your humour indicating emoji in regards to the facetious statement about emptying your bank account, as clearly it will not reach in and empty anyone’s bank account and it is probably quite dismal at hacking in general). sorry emoji.
Thanks for clarifying.

Internet communication is a bit difficult at times especially in a forum where you have people posting stuff daily such as what you wrote sarcastically but being dead serious about it. And then getting offended if you asked them whether they meant it sarcastically ;-)

D

Deleted member 21219

And the problem is we get regular new accounts posting equally nonsensical bunkum - either seriously or as a deliberate troll attempt, probably every week. Telling the difference between those, and yours is problematic.
Internet communication is a bit difficult at times especially in a forum where you have people posting stuff daily such as what you wrote sarcastically but being dead serious about it. And then getting offended if you asked them whether they meant it sarcastically ;-)

This is the reason we had some problems. What you considered to be obvious absurdity is the kind of sh*t that trolls hit us with constantly ... and either pretend to be 100% serious, or else actually ARE 100% serious. Sometimes, subjectivists can put absurdity to shame!

No matter. All is well now. :)

Jim

dan_uk

Just found this video and loved it!! Can any recommend anymore of Amir's "debunking videos"?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

shion_ca

Oh hey, I just saw this audiophile switches do make a difference video. I can’t quite figure out what he’s measuring… some direct clock output?

shion_ca

Is he arguing that noise coming in on the Ethernet is affecting his clock in the dac? I can’t quite figure out what he’s trying to argue

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Who cares what Hans Beakerhuizen says/does? Why waste time?

shion_ca

Who cares what Hans Beakerhuizen says/does? Why waste time?
Because science. Dismissing his argument as invalid because of who is making the argument is committing a logical fallacy. You’ve attacked the person and not his point. If I recall that’s an ad hominem

Last edited:

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Because science. Dismissing his argument as invalid because of who is making the argument is committing a logical fallacy. You’ve attacked the person and not his point. If I recall that’s an ad hominem

Fine, you waste your time giving him youtube hits and explaining his moronic views. He's not about science.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The science is explained in Amir’s video in this thread. Hans video or a similar one has for sure been posted before and dissected ad infinum proving his incompetence. No need to do it over and give pseudoscience even more attention.

Last edited:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
In this case, the man committed so many fallacies himself that dismissing anything he says by default is the simply most efficient default position.

It’s like asking a 2 year old: what is 52535^3/14.73

Last edited:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is he arguing that noise coming in on the Ethernet is affecting his clock in the dac? I can’t quite figure out what he’s trying to argue
This video has been discussed here before. He's claiming incoming noise increases clock jitter in the DAC.

There are two problems:

1 - He hasn't demonstrated any impact on the audio out of the DAC - and we know the jitter differences he is measuring are insufficient to make an audible difference. If he believes he can hear the difference on the output of the DAC (Note: his listening is not blind) why doesn't he measure there? Anything audible in the analogue out is easily measurable. None of these clowns ever seem to be able to measure it though.

2 - He is putting a bloody great probe on a high frequency clock signal. This will capacitively load the clock, as well as providing a coupling mechanism for noise. So how much of the jitter change he measured was due to this probe? Answer: No-one knows.

And now I'm annoyed with you for making me skim watch the video (AGAIN). :p

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It's funny that now the story suddenly changes after he's been called out on the bullshit so many times. So change of plan: make up new bullshit. At least it shows one thing: ASR is working. We're getting though to these people, and there are ever fewer places for them to hide behind.

BTW, sorry to say it, but the guy is clearly sick and jitters so much by himself that there is no way that he can hear any jitter created in the digital domain.

Booker

Forum Donor
I remember when I was his subscriber and watched his videos and thought, "He knows what he is saying.
But that is already my dark age past of a few years. Fortunately for me, it has no negative financial effect. It is silly for other believers to have to find the truth by themselves.

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Han's simply doesn't understand what he's talking about. If you comment on his channel, he'll delete the comment. So I've taken to response videos where he can't do anything about it:

Top Bottom