• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DMCA (copyright) take down notice from Sonarworks (edit, issue solved by Sonarworks)

Tks

Major Contributor
DMCA takedown services are notoriously overzealous. Sometimes they even flag official websites as infringing. I have no trouble believing this explanation. As for the lost emails, such things happen. They responded with a public apology. That's good enough for me.

Now we can move on to getting rid of DMCA frameworks themselves, or the law in totality.

bigx5murf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
At least they didn't blame it on the "algorithm" as is the common boogie man nowadays

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Now we can move on to getting rid of DMCA frameworks themselves, or the law in totality.

That will happen immediately after they get rid of asset forfeiture and the 100 mile civil-rights-free zone for CBP. Any day now!

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It was a classy apology, but I’m not really satisfied...
First, and I don't mean to be flip, but it is not you who have to be satisfied since it was not you who were wronged. I guess as a supporter of ASR you could argue that. Second, the fact that a company principle came on, investigated, and solved the problem is pretty impressive in these days. You can often expect that with a small organization, and that is a good reason to go with smaller, local suppliers if you can.

I recall my Black Friday ordeal with a Harman subsidiary (dbx)--bought direct and the unit was defective. The only people I could find to talk to was a call center in a foreign country who I had to call multiple times. Emails to Harman went into the dead-dog file. I finally had to have the bank take action to get the credit card refund initiated. Ridiculous. Or the time my 'high end' Sony ES amplifier broke multiple times. Try finding someone to call at Sony who will take responsibility for anything. So, yes, it was classy for the company to fix the problem quickly.

Top Bottom