• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DIY: Your Son or Daughter Can Build a Raspberry Pi Audio Streamer for You in Minutes

Glasvegas

Forum Donor
True. So if you want the built-in Tidal streaming you have to stick with what they support in the app, I guess. Airplay is possible with Volumio and ROPIEEXL I think, but you are on android. Google is keeping Chromecast proprietary despite discontinuing the audio. So you have to go used, or use a Chromecast HDMI Dongle as an audio player. An HDMI splitter is only $20 or so.

I'm casting Tidal to CCA/Topping D50 to great effect. However, I'm always looking for a reasonably priced all-in-one solution, mostly to reduce the number of components and cables.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm casting Tidal to CCA/Topping D50 to great effect. However, I'm always looking for a reasonably priced all-in-one solution, mostly to reduce the number of components and cables.

Well, I suspect you don’t want to spend the money/add a PC task, but Roon gets you everything you want and way more. I love it.

Glasvegas

Forum Donor
Well, I suspect you don’t want to spend the money/add a PC task, but Roon gets you everything you want and way more. I love it.

Correct.

BTW Roon won't allow you to edit Tidal playlists either.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Correct.

BTW Roon won't allow you to edit Tidal playlists either.

you can save a local copy, tho, and mix and match from other sources.

Glasvegas

Forum Donor
you can save a local copy, tho, and mix and match from other sources.

I also use Tidal while commuting, at the gym etc. So, local playlists are of limited use. Plus I only have one source - Tidal. Maybe I've just got an unusual use case.

Roon seems to be very popular on this forum - can't argue with the box office!

Top Bottom