• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DIY: Summer Projects

OP
Silou

Silou

Is there any major disadvantage of using screwable terminals for the filters? It would be a lot easier to wire and modular.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I would just hardwire it.
Whenever you want to use other filters (changing headphones that need them) you can always unsolder.

OP
Silou

Silou

The new knobs arrived today. They were 4€ each and are very well made. I am currently waiting for some spacers to arrive so I can continue the soldering. The first picture shows the signal rings in complete darkness and running on 24V. They are really not that bright :D
IMG_20190911_183021.jpg

IMG_20190911_183324.jpg

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks good :D

Don't want to distract you from finishing your project. May be for your next summer project, you can consider building something with RGB LED rings with individually addressable LEDs. With an Arduino, you can do some nifty visual effects such as have the lights follow the rotation of the knob (you'll need a rotary encoder or some other means of detecting the knob position) or make a VU meter out of the LEDs.
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/14966

SparkFun_LuMini_LED_Ring_C.gif

Top Bottom