• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DIY Purifi Amp builds

grobalt

OK, Purifi gave me a few more details regarding this mono input buffer, and I'll just copy and paste it here from the email they sent me. Pretty sure they won't mind, as if this were confidential they likely wouldn't have shared it with me. It's free marketing for them :)
  • 14dB SE/Ballanced gain stage based on OPA1612 with Panasonic thin film 0.1% resistors and Kemet NP0 linear capacitors.
    total system gain is 27dB as for the EVAL1 kit
  • Gain stage can be bypassed
  • Very low noise and low output impedance linear regulators for the gain stage and for analog circuits on the 1ET400 module
  • Available with XLR/Speakon connectors or without
Prices aren't final yet and they hope to have it on the webshop by early June. Their current thinking is a price of 150USD for the fully stuffed version and around 135USD without XLR/Speakon connectors.
The board is manufactured and tested in DK
Any News on this ?

Luc

But the Nord is more than 350 Euro per Channel, thus isnt cheap as well, right ? This ist the Same price than the amp channel

Yes, you're right. Very expensive and that's why i did not do that from the beginning. although i really would like to be able to switch opamp and voltage regulators easily

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
SMPS in STANDBY mode power consumption is 1.9W

SMPS in RUN mode power consumption is 10.7W Amplifier not connected

Hope that answers your question.

Thanks
Im no expert on the regulations, but doesnt the EU now mandate that standby power must be below 0.5 watts?

Might not be relevant for DIY products

somebodyelse

Major Contributor

kukocz

Forum Donor
I have four boards - none are populated there.
Interesting...
Are you using J3.2 READY signal in any of your boards? I’m curious what voltage level you have there.

OP
J

JimB

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Interesting...
Are you using J3.2 READY signal in any of your boards? I’m curious what voltage level you have there.
I'm not using that and am not able to check it right now. Hopefully someone else can test that for you to compare. It should be 3.3V logic.

Last edited:

grobalt

Maybe someone can help me with some feedback. Thinking about 3 Stereo Purifi amps, but in one case. Looking at Apollon Audio they use 3x Hypex 1200 for 3 Channel ! Looks a bit weird with an amp rated 450W, right ?
My idea was one microaudio with 700w or 1000w for Stereo but in comparison this is way less than what Apollon uses.

MicroAudio

Audio Company
SMPS1K-PFC can easily deliver up to 20A with a 10V drop only!

Voltage in idle 127VDC, SMPS loaded 16A voltage measured 118VDC

That's 1900W from a 1KW SMPS.

Hope that helps

Attachments

• SMPS1K-PFC-TEST1.png
    SMPS1K-PFC-TEST1.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 192

starfly

Forum Donor
Question about wiring up an AC/DC converter. I'll be using the Meanwell LRS-35-12 converter, and it has the following block-diagram:

meanwell.png

And the converter looks like this:

meanwell.jpg

So I wire up Live and Neutral A/C, and send DC 12V to the SMPS for standby circuit, etc.

This converter also has a ground terminal. I was planning on attaching this wire at the same spot I have grounded my IEC A/C socket (on the chassis rear-panel; I confirmed with an ohm meter that any other grounding points in the chassis flow to that point). Is that the correct way to do it?

OP
J

JimB

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
... This converter also has a ground terminal. I was planning on attaching this wire at the same spot I have grounded my IEC A/C socket (on the chassis rear-panel; I confirmed with an ohm meter that any other grounding points in the chassis flow to that point). Is that the correct way to do it?
Your 'converter' is a mains power supply. You should ground it as you say. Did you consider a lower power unit, without ground?

Last edited:

starfly

Forum Donor
Your 'converter' is a mains power supply. You should ground it as you say. Did you consider a lower power unit, without ground?

Thanks. I actually hadn't, I suspected this one would run a bit cooler than those smaller units fully encased in plastic. But maybe I'm wrong.

I'll make sure to ground it to the same spot I have my IEC socket grounded.

starfly

Forum Donor
Anyone know if this thing on an XLR also needs to be wired up to something?

20200718_121834.jpg

D

Deleted member 65

Anyone know if this thing on an XLR also needs to be wired up to something?

View attachment 74057
Guess it’s the pin 1 to chassies.

Edit: If you measure the pin it’ll be connected to metal body of XLR, so short wire from pin 1 to this and you’re set.

Edit 2: Seems you’ve already connected pin 1 to chassies so ignore my comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom